Hiring: Full-time Frontend Web developer/UI designer
The central Marketing and Communications Office is looking for an individual who is driven to create Web user experiences that bring the university brand to life and encourage action.
We are looking for someone with solid website design and UX experience. The individual will need to have enough HTML/CSS/JS experience to develop the frontend HTML through an existing build process and tooling.
Ability to blend technical expertise with a design aesthetic that embraces the university identity guidelines and explores new creative executions incorporating the university’s brand campaign. The ability to juggle multiple projects to meet project deadlines.
Ability to work collaboratively across disciplines — design, digital execution, editorial, marketing, to come up with new solutions.
The Web Communications team is located in the central university Marketing Office. We are set up like an internal agency and work with most areas of campus to create and maintain their public web presence.
We are a cross-functional team consisting of Web Content Administrators, Designers, Frontend Developers, Backend Developers and Multimedia support.
The mission of the central Marketing Office is to raise the stature of the university.
# Primary responsibilities
- Experience collaborating throughout the entire project cycle, from research, strategy, information architecture, visual design, front-end development and maintenance.
- Experience using a front-end web framework such as Foundation or Bootstrap.
- An understanding of back-end web development environments, including HTTP, web servers, load balancers, the interpretation layer, databases and associated web frameworks.
- Considerable skill in writing web applications that retrieve and update information in relational web-centric databases (using WordPress or Laravel).
- The ability to clearly communicate to project stakeholders and process feedback internally and externally.
- The ability to troubleshoot website layout and web application performance issues and resolve issues independently or direct issues to the responsible party.
- Provide direct supervision to internal website interns and guidance to unit website content authors.
- Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail to meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Considerable project management skills, including the ability to provide time estimates and prepare accurate records and reports.
- Proficiency in the use of web applications programming languages, tools, and/or methodologies for developing integrated web applications typically acquired through formal education or equivalent experience in web application development.
- Demonstrated ability in analyzing customer requirements and developing basic information systems solutions typically acquired through one to two years of directly related experience in web application development and support.
- The ability to translate functional requirements into cross-browser WCAG 2.0 compliant websites.
- Strong understanding of web technologies and related user device capabilities required to access the web.
- Understanding of test driven development.
# How to apply
Apply at jobs.wayne.edu (opens new window). Posting #043169