How to make your cookie game #WarriorStrong
# Ingredients and supplies:
- 1 W shield cookie press (available at the WSU Bookstore)
- Sugar cookie dough (store-bought or homemade)
- Royal icing — see instructions below
- Parchment paper
- Mini spatula (OK, you don’t really need this — but it is fun to use)
- Cookie sheet
- Cooling rack (optional, because we didn’t have one)
- Camera (because we want pictures!)
# Step 1:
Cover your cookie sheet in parchment paper (not pictured because we forgot).
# Step 2:
Roll out the dough until it is about a quarter-inch thick.
# Step 3:
Sprinkle flour on the cookie press and press it firmly into the dough. Repeat until you run out of space. If they don’t look like the picture, you did it wrong!
# Step 4:
Using your mini spatula (or whatever you substitute for this — a knife will do), remove the extra dough from the shields and place your cutouts on the cookie sheet.
# Step 5:
Bake cookies according to dough specifications. Pro tip: The cooler the dough, the less the cookies will spread in the oven.
# Step 6:
Do some homework while you wait for your cookies to bake.
# Step 7:
Remove cookies from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Then, carefully move the cookies to a cooling rack. Note: This is not a job for the mini spatula.
# Step 8:
Make the royal icing.
- Option A: Invite your most talented baking friend over and have them make it.
- Option B: Google it — and know that it’s quite the process!
# Step 9:
Decorate the cookies according to your icing preferences.
# Step 10:
Do more homework while you wait for your cookies to dry.
# Step 11:
Arrange on a plate, and prepare to wow your friends!
# Step 12:
Show off your #WarriorStrong baking skills and beam with #WarriorPride by posting your cookies on your favorite social media channel. Don’t forget to tag us so we can see your creations!
Facebook: @waynestateuniversity (opens new window)
Twitter: @waynestate (opens new window)
Instagram: @waynestate (opens new window)