We're Hiring: Full Time Web Developer
We are hiring! The Web Communications office is looking for an in house Web Developer (opens new window). It’s not often we put a call out for new staff but with Shaun's recent leave (opens new window) we are in need. Our department started seven years ago with little staff and resources, we have since grown to a staff of eleven and take on new responsibilities every day. Almost everyone in the department started as a student and worked their way up (myself included). It’s not often we get the opportunity to hire from the outside.
# The job
# Primary Web property responsibilities
- WordPress Blog Network (opens new window)
- Events Calendar RSVP’s and Payments (opens new window)
- Today@Wayne (opens new window)
- University Web API
- Homegrown Content Management System (opens new window)
- Mobile website (opens new window)
- PHP Simpl Framework (opens new window)
- Load balanced dev/prod environments
- 450+ websites using centralized tools
# Official duties
- Translate functional requirements into Web applications
- Centralize and maintain existing code bases
- Prepare test plans for Web Applications
- Design database schemas and develop database scripts in SQL
- Serve as primary resource for units university-wide regarding the code and appearance of unit Web pages. Administer and provide training in content management tools, control access, review sites for adherence and conformity to code and design standards and resolve related problems.
- Serve as liaison with IT personnel campus-wide to identify and resolve Web page related problems. Work with clients, designers and vendors to ensure established standards and expectations are met.
- Develop and implement mechanisms and processes designed to evaluate the effectiveness of university electronic communications. Provide analysis of collected data and submit reports and recommendations as requested.
- HTML + CSS: Mastery of responsive cross browser CSS and HTML. Extra points for RESS.
- PHP + MySQL: Experience building data-driven web applications using PHP and MySQL. Solid understanding of relational databases required.
- Experience working with Web Services and associated languages: REST, XML, JSON, etc.
- Good knowledge of web standards and trends
- Ability to learn and thirst for knowledge
- Test/Behavior Driven Development experience is a definite plus
- Graduation from an accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Major concentration in computer science preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with units university wide.
# How to Apply
Please do not send resumes directly to me. Apply at jobs.wayne.edu (opens new window). Posting #039042